2008 has reared its ugly head, and left me with not even a handful of completed goals:
- 3 goals (7%) were completed successfully.
- 9 goals (21%) were abandoned.
- 31 goals (72%) will be carried over for 2008.
What goals have I chosen for 2008? 31 goals have been carried over, 12 new goals have been added, and 1 goal from 2006 has returned:
- Accomplish more goals this year than last year
- attend a local government meeting
- Be a better blogger
- be an audience member for a TV show taping*
- Be part of a flash mob
- build an igloo
- clean up my house and keep it clean
- Do the Discovery Health National Body Challenge
- drink more water
- eat healthier
- eat with my hands
- exercise regularly
- fly a kite
- Get better at chess*
- Give blood
- go camping
- have a 3 month emergency fund
- have family devotions
- Help my child finish the Hooked on Math program*
- Help my mother start her home business
- Join a professional organization*
- Learn how to remember peoples' names
- Learn Spanish
- learn to do crosswords*
- learn to ice skate*
- Learn to juggle*
- lose weight
- make a time capsule
- Make family silhouettes*
- open the yellow pages, pick the seventh restaurant, and eat the seventh entree and dessert on the menu
- Read 23 books in one year†
- Reduce debt.
- Send a message in a bottle
- Send a postcard to Postsecret
- sleep in a hammock
- spend ten minutes holding the door for people
- stick to a budget
- stop being late
- take 43 photos of 43 places within 43 minutes of where I live‡
- take a family vacation
- Take the Mensa test.*
- Write a will*
* A new goal for 2008.
† A "new" goal for 2008 added in October 2007 and due by October 2008.
‡ A renewed goal from before 2007.
My top two "cheered" goals by other 43 Things users each have 10 cheers, twice as many as the next highest cheered goal. They are:
- 10 cheers – build an igloo
- 10 cheers – attend a local government meeting
So, I should probably put a little extra effort into getting these completed this year.